Friday, November 4, 2011

Dr. FeelGood MD.


Since arriving in Berlin this spring my allergies have been absolutely crazy. I suffer from allergies to pollen, hay-fever, and other airborne allergens, which year after year make spring time a total nightmare for me. Most years I stock up on meds and soldier thru the constant runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing a zillion times. This year however was especially hard. For those of you I saw at Easter can attest to the big red watery eyes, and runny nose…yes I was a mess, and it just got worse… Most years its a short period and when the pollen is settled its all over. This year however in Berlin, it seems spring (the Berlin bloom) is still underway. So here I am trying every allergy meds i can possibly try over the counter and nothing seemingly to give me relief, so on a referral from a friend I went to see a local Dr here in the Schöneberg.
I went to the offices set up an appointment right away and was seen really fast. The Dr asked me a ton of questions about my health, family health, etc etc. and also about when was my last check up and such. He put me on a table and checked my blood pressure, and heart/lungs etc. Then he asked me to prop my pants, and without even thinking, I did, and he checked my balls. HEY WAIT A MINUTE!! I’m here for extreme allergies yet here i ma with my balls in my docs hands??? Standing there, i couldn’t help but think, this guy is the German version of my Dr in SF, whom I’ve had for as long as I’ve lived in SF. I said to him once “no matter what I come in for, I always end up with my balls in your hand” We both laughed it off…. I suppose hes being thorough, and making sure he catches even the slightest hernia right away :) 
I was about to say the same joke to this Dr, but wasn’t sure if he would get my humor, So I just chucked to my self, which may have made him think he was tickling me…. then he asked me when was my last prostate check HAHAHAHA! I said its all good back there, and quickly pulled up my pants, and said “so what are we gonna do about these allergies Doc?” 
He wrote me a prescription, gave me the usage directions, and best location to get it, and it was done. The meds have been working like a charm so far.

Amerifist

No comments: