Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Convalescing......

After several days of pain and sleepless nights, I finally hauled my ass to the dentist. The pain was becoming unbearable, and I would wake in the middle of the night and run for the Ibuprophen....and anyone who has taken that knows it takes what seems like forever to kick when you're in pain. So my buddy Phillip recommended a dentist, close to my flat. Seems this dentist has been seen prowling around the Lab (Fausthouse) before, so how appropriate that he would be working on my mouth, haha.


So after poking around in my mouth for a while, he says "you have a small cavity in #47 (back tooth) , and needs a filling". WASSSSSAHHH???  A cavity?!?!? Oh well, lets just fix it, so I can get some sleep. Also I have a trip to London planned next week, so whatever needs to done, lets do it, sos I can be well recovered by then. The day of the filling, I walked in and was waiting about a half an hour....just enough time to hear lots of high pitched drills, and to see other folks walking out holding their cheeks, etc. By now I was starting to freak a bit. As I said before, I have never had any major dental work, no cavities, no fillings, etc. Other than getting my wisdoms pulled (was out cold for that) and a partial filling for a chip due to sports, but thats it.


I went in, and he started to prep his tools, all I was wanting to see in front of me was the anastesia. Once  had that, I was golden. Again lots of poking around with various tolls, then he stopped, turned off the blinding light, and explained " the cavity is deeper than he had thought, and the tooth has to be removed" OY VAY!!!!!! We wasted no time, the next morning (yesterday) I had it yanked out, and even with some pain from that its still less than before,,,, and I got some killer meds :)


So now this truly feels like home. Have experienced great highs and this low here in Bln. Now I'm in bed recovering, with 1 less tooth.....guess its better to have lose 1 in back than 1 in the front, eh?


take care of your teeth

Amerifist

1 comment:

Terry in St. Paul said...

I'm glad you are posting more, especially now that you are in EU and sharing some of your experiences, and experiences outside of the FF world. I'm a big fan and a good friend with one of your regular co-stars. I'd love to know how you first started traveling to Europe and what you did to obviously become so comfortable over there that you are now apparently buying a flat. I'm in a senior management position in a Fortune 100 company and I envy people like yourself who appear to just have a free spirit and literally enjoying everything life has to offer. I'm 44 but I'm on a plan to retire early soon and I want to travel more, so please keep up your EU and other travel stories. Thanks,